This is the MANDATORY training that ALL volunteers 18 and older must complete.
If you are 14-17 and would like to volunteer, please call Jordan Tippett to set a time to complete the “Worthy of the Call” training for minors.
Thank you for your interest in serving as a volunteer at St. John Religious Ed.
Along with the Archdiocese of Baltimore, we have a commitment to maintaining the trust of the faithful by providing our children and youth with safe environments characterized by healthy relationships. With our longstanding commitment in mind, all parishes use Shield the Vulnerable, a compliance management system that allows all parishes and schools to facilitate compliance with archdiocesan child protection requirements for all volunteers who work with minors, employees, and clergy. All adults who volunteer MUST complete this training.
Here are some steps to help you after you get onto the site.
- Select ‘First-Time Signup’
- Select ‘Catholic Dioceses’
- Select ‘Baltimore Archdiocese’, select Confirm
- Read the letter from the Archbishop, click ‘NEXT’
- User Login: You will create your own login-ID and password.
- Affiliation section: Select Volunteer as User Type.
- Select the Location Type, Where Located, and Location Name.
- Select Substantial contact w/children. Then select Next Step.
- You will be asked, “Do you volunteer at another location?” If you will be serving at another location, repeat steps 6-8 for that location.
- Application Info section: You will be asked, “Are you a new volunteer?” Select Yes.
- Answer the three questions, then select, “Next Step.”
- Review your information. If it is correct, select Accept and then Confirm Signup.
- Background Check Registration/Criminal History Screening: Complete the background check form and authorization. Enter your electronic signature, then choose I Consent to the Background Check or I DO NOT Consent to the Background Check. (If you do not consent to the background check, you may not serve as a volunteer who will have substantial contact with children.)
- Next you will need to complete Protect the Children: STAND online training.
- Once you have finished the training, you will be asked to read the Archdiocese of Baltimore’s child and youth protection policies: A Statement of Policy for the Protection of Children and Youth and the Code of Conduct in the Archdiocese of Baltimore. You will answer questions about the policies.
- Once you have completed ALL OF THIS–email George Hinkel at firstname.lastname@example.org so that she can get your references checked!